Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Monster High Harpy CAM Painting

Progress photos of painting this girl, I found myself liking her face more and more the more I looked at her :)


First step white highlights.


Next a little color, I was trying to go with something a little bird like.


More color.


Even more color ^^;  At this point I  thought I had messed everything up and this face up was going to be a disaster, but kept going anyways.


Paint the whites of the eyes.


Another layer of white on the eyes, and some black details in the nostrils and corners of the mouth.


Black eyeliner, red water line, and white outline.  I didn't do black eyeliner on the bottom lid since I wanted to keep her a little natural looking, not too much make up.


Painted her iris color.


Black shadows.


A quick initial blend with the eyes.


More blending, this part always takes much longer than the rest of the head combined!


Put a little white in the bottoms of the eyes and blended it.


Little eye shine dots.


Eyelashes.






Eyebrows.



I put some white 'freckles' in, I thought it would be a cute little thing to keep her looking 'bird like' and feathery.  The last step is seal and add gloss!






Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment